- ¾lb Ground Sausage
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 2 eggs
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place acorn squash cut-side down onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until your acorn squash is soft when you press on the skin.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- While your acorn squash is cooking, add a tablespoon of some kind of fat to a large pan over medium heat (I used bacon fat) then add your minced garlic and diced onion.
- Stir around to keep from burning.
- Once your onions become translucent, add your breakfast sausage to the pan.
- Cook down, breaking up the breakfast sausage as it cooks.
- Once the breakfast sausage is almost all the way cooked through, turn your heat to low and add your inside of your acorn squash. Do this by using a spoon to scoop out the insides, leaving just the skin of the acorn squash. Be careful not the tear the skin!
- Mix the acorn squash and the breakfast sausage together then add it back to your acorn squash skin
- Once both of your acorn squash halves are full, press into the middle with a spoon to breakfast a little resting spot for your egg.
- Crack an egg on top.
- Place back in the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes or until egg-cooked preference.