Monday, March 5, 2012

Cauliflower Rice Gone Wild

Ingredients:
• 1 cauliflower head worth of cauliflower rice
• ~1 lb of Asparagus
• 1/2 a cucumber
• Ghee or Clarified Butter
• Olive Oil
• Red Pepper Flakes
• 1 Onion, small dice
• 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
• Dried Basil
How To:
• Get your Cauliflower Rice ready for the microwave {Here’s the 101 on cauliflower rice Just use it up until the it’s microwaved part and then come back here for the rest of the recipe}. For a huge batch like this I microwave it tightly covered for 5 minutes.
• While that’s cooking, in a pan get some ghee heating and add in your Onions + Garlic, let that cook for a few minutes then add in your diced Asparagus {I used fresh asparagus here, but frozen would totally work as well}. **If using fresh asparagus don’t forget to snap le ends off { just apply pressure to both sides of the asapargus and it will naturally break somewhere along the bottom half.. }
• While that’s all cooking together nice and pretty peel and chop your cucumber {I made it roughly the same size as my asparagus}.
• When your rice is done, add in a heaping tablespoon {at least} of Ghee and a fair amount of Olive Oil, mix well with salt + pepper and dried basil.
• Add in your Asparagus mixture and red pepper flakes, mix well again.
• Now here’s the kicker, do not … I repeat DO NOT add in your cucumber until the last possible second, I literally added mine in right before I dished it up, you don’t want to cook the cucumber {I like it to still be crunchy and kind of cold}.
Boom it’s done… And it’s really not overly expensive.. it’s something I’d only make once a month or less…. As a nice added treat. It would work well with pretty much anything {I think I did it with burgers}.

No comments:

Post a Comment