Thursday, April 12, 2012

Paleo Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Steak and Pasta - PaleOMG




Ingredients
  • For the broil–
  • 1 london broil
  • 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • For the pasta–
  • 2 zucchini, sliced thin lengthwise with a mandoline and into noodle shapes
  • 2 yellow squash, sliced thin lengthwise with a mandoline and into noodle shapes
  • 1 jar of roasted red peppers (I don’t know what size, the bigger the better I always say. HA. I’m funny)
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/2 can coconut milk
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions
  1. Let’s get the london broil cooking. I cooked mine inside on stove top because I didn’t feel like dealing with running back and forth between the grill and kitchen. I like being claustrophobic in my kitchen anyways. But you are welcome to use your grill.
  2. Get your skillet extra hot and toss a bit of fat in the pan. Season your london broil on both sides and put it in the pan. Cook on both sides for about 5-7 minutes or however long it takes to cook it through how you like. I like my meat crying still so I didn’t cook mine for too long.
  3. While your meat is cooking, slice up your zucchini and squash in the noodle sized slices you prefer. If you have a julienne slicer, you can use that as well. I’m going to buy one today, just so you know.
  4. Now let’s make the sauce so grab your food processor and first toss in your roasted red peppers to puree. Then add your almond butter, coconut milk, and spices until all is blended beautifully together.
  5. Your london broil should be cooked perfectly by now so pull it off the skillet and place it on a cutting board to rest while you finish your noodles and sauce.
  6. Now you can either use that same skillet or a larger pot to cook your noodles and sauce in. Add your zucchini and squash to the hot pan of choice along with the sauce and mix together. Let cook for about 5-8 minutes, until the noodles are soft and cooked through.
  7. Once your noodles are done, add your pasta to a dish, thinly slice your broil and lie on top of your pasta. Then eat it all together. A thing of beauty I tell you

No comments:

Post a Comment