Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Yummy Baked Thingy - Paleo on a Budget

Ingredients:
• 1lb Ground Beef
• 1 Medium Onion Diced
• 1-2 Large Carrots, chopped up
• 1 14oz Can Diced Tomatoes {Or fresh if you have them}
• Seasoning of your choice {I used Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Dried Basil, Dried Oregano, and Dried Rosemary}
• Zucchini { or String beans or whatever meaty veggie you have on hand}
• Apple Cider Vinegar
• Butter or Coconut Oil
• Optional: Cheese!
Instructions:
{It’s easy I swear}
• Preheat oven to 350 {F}
• In a skillet add butter {or coconut oil} and start to cook through your veggies and after a few minutes add in your ground beef. Now here’s the thing folks, I’ve made this twice in the last week, one time I had a zucchini in my fridge.. and the other time I had a bag of frozen string beans… Switch it up, use what you have. If you only have broccoli add that or if you have a mixed bag of veggies or peppers or whatever, just add in what you have.. which is what makes it so affordable you don’t have to buy something special for it!
• After the meat is about half way cooked through, add in your spices to how you like it, then your tomatoes. Then about one to two cap fulls of Apple Cider Vinegar {it’s totally optional.. but I like it in a lot of my foods, I feel like it makes it a bit “cleaner” I’m weird I know!}
• After you’ve got it all mixed together, put it in a baking dish, but don’t pour in all of the liquid you might have. When it’s baking it creates even more juices so you don’t need to add in everything from the pan if you have a lot, it’ll just turn soupy!
• Let it bake for about 25-30 minutes
• If you want cheese, at the end of the 25 minutes, add it on and stick it back in the oven for about 5-10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment